Bill de Blasio has dodged, ducked and deceived! Mallliotakis: I will be relentless in my prosecution of the case against Bill de Blasio being elected to a second term.
Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis, the common sense alternative to Bill de Blasio in the race for mayor, held a Wednesday morning news conference where she laid out her thoughts on the Democratic primary and discussed the issues that Mayor de Blasio would be forced to discuss during the general election. Standing in front of the Ozone Park Senior Center, the first stop on the day’s tour of Queens’ Senior Centers, Malliotakis stated, “Bill de Blasio dodged, ducked and deceived in the months leading up to the primary. Bill de Blasio dodged, ducked and deceived in the months leading up to the primary. Well, the primary is over and the people of this city deserve answers as to why Mayor de Blasio deserves a second term after mismanaging our city during his first term.”
Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis said, “Last night, using the power of his incumbency and millions of dollars in taxpayer funds, Bill de Blasio rolled to victory in the Democratic Primary for mayor. Though there was cheering at de Blasio headquarters, one thing remains abundantly clear; more Democratic voters stayed home than went to the polls, underlining the overall weakness of an underperforming mayor.
“Bill de Blasio has dodged, ducked and deceived in the months leading up to the primary. Well, the primary is over and the people of this city deserve answers as to why Mayor de Blasio deserves a second term after mismanaging our city during his first term
They want to know:
– According to the count-up clock on my website it has been 482 days since Bill de Blasio promised to release a list of donors who had requests turned down by the administration. When will the list be released?
– When will pay-to-play end at City Hall and when will real transparency become the practice?
– Why that is the Department of Education can’t abide by the most basic rules of financial management; funds are handed out by the millions yet can’t be accounted for, thousands of computers go missing and no one seems to care and as all this goes on our schools continue to fail.
– When will Bill de Blasio be forthright and release all his travel expenses that have been paid by the taxpayer over the course of his first term.
– When will Bill de Blasio answer the simplest of questions; should the statue of Christopher Columbus be removed from Columbus Circle? New Yorkers are famous for having opinions on everything, what’s the mayor’s?
– When will Bill de Blasio agree to debate me in every borough in this city? New Yorkers deserve more than the 2 CFB debates. If Bill de Blasio is so convinced that he’s the best man for the job, then why won’t he agree to more debates?
In the weeks between now and election day, I will be relentless in my prosecution of the case against Bill de Blasio being elected to a second term. Bill de Blasio’s first term has been filled with attempts to block the media and the people from knowing what really goes on in his administration. Between now and Election Day, I intend to find out.”