Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis said, “As Mayor, I will lead by example and unlike Mayor de Blasio, I will walk or ride a bike to the gym or workout at Gracie Mansion. I will also do the following to preserve our environment and cut down on pollution:
- Fix a troubled subway system that is stranding and delaying riders on a nearly daily basis
- Increased use of our waterways as a means of moving commuters.
- Reduce unnecessary idling of vehicles.
- Public Service Announcements on saving water and other environmental issues.
- Bring back stiff penalties for littering on our streets.
- Have Sanitation Department officials visit our elementary schools to speak with all students about littering, recycling and the proper disposal of garbage.